One position currently available
CIRCULATION ASSISTANT – Gaffney Library
Part-time, 22-hour average per week, FLSA non-exempt position
Monday – Thursday 3pm – 7pm
Saturday 9am – 4pm
Under the direction of the Public Services Manager, Circulation Assistants provide front-line service to library patrons, assisting with the circulation and re-shelving of library materials, creation of library cards, and basic computer assistance.
Applicants who do not meet the availability and minimum education and experience requirements indicated in this job posting or do not have the ability to perform the essential functions for the position, with or without accommodation, will not be considered for employment.
Starting wage is $8.00 per hour. Works under direct supervision of the Public Services Manager. Must be at least 16 years and up to apply.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient computer skills, including Internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service experience desired, library experience helpful
- Work requires the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; work requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs circulation tasks: checks books in and out, collects fines, places books on hold, registers patrons for library cards
- Re-shelves and straightens books and other library materials
- Instructs patrons on library resources and use of library equipment; assists patrons in finding library materials; performs reader advisory service
- Assists patrons with reference questions; helps patrons locate reference materials; responds to patron inquiries and questions over the telephone and in person
- Assists patrons using public PC’s for Internet access and/or using Microsoft Office applications; monitors usage of public PC’s by patrons, including enforcement of library policies
- Assists and instructs children and teens in the use of the Learning Resource Center
- Performs related tasks as required.
If interested in applying for a position, please submit a Cherokee County Public Library Application form, available at the Gaffney and Blacksburg library locations and on the library’s website at www.cherokeecountylibrary.org. Resumes and/or cover letters may also be submitted, but will not be accepted without a completed application. Position is open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer