Public Services Assistant– Gaffney Library
Part-time, 25-hour average per week, FLSA non-exempt position
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 2-7PM, Friday 12-5 PM, occasional Saturday
Under the direction of the Public Services Manager, the Public Services Assistant provides support for circulation services and oversees the circulation desk in the absence of the Public Services manager.
Applicants who do not meet the availability and minimum education and experience requirements indicated in this job posting or do not have the ability to perform the essential functions for the position, with or without accommodation, will not be considered for employment.
Starting wage is $9.25 per hour. Works under direct supervision of the Public Services Manager. Must be at least 16 years and up to apply.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Customer service oriented
- Computer skills and experience, including excellent skills in Internet and Microsoft Office, and ability to acquire and use new technology skills
- Ability to supervise and to establish and maintain working relationships with library staff and the general public
- Ability to recognize and correct errors
- Must possess a valid SC driver’s license
- Must be able to perform the duties of the job, including lifting up to 40 pounds, and must have the ability to reach, stoop, and bend without difficulty.
- Other combinations of experience and training, which meet the minimum requirements, may be substituted.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs circulation tasks
- Oversees circulation desk in absence of Public Services Manager, including interpreting and explaining library policy to staff and patrons
- Assists in the preparation of overdue notices
- Secures and prepares Inter-Library Loan
- Effectively and professionally resolves circulation issues utilizing library policy and procedure
- Leads front desk staff in providing excellent customer service
- Handles closing duties at front desk
- Other duties as assigned
If interested in applying for this position, please submit a Cherokee County Public Library Application form, available at the Gaffney and Blacksburg library locations and on the library’s website at www.cherokeecountylibrary.org. Resumes and/or cover letters may also be submitted, but will not be accepted without a completed application. Position is open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer